Importance of an MBA
A good professional degree is the need of today and the requirement does not end at only getting a degree but it extends to getting it from a reputed college. A good degree from a good institution is what one needs to get a good job in today’s competitive world. MBA is a professional course that almost every student wishes to pursue as it has a lot of scope. There are a lot of institutions that offer this course but the desire for getting admission in Indian Institute of Management is owned by one and all. Although only a few can fulfill their desires but the world need not end for the others as there are other good options still open for them. If you have failed at getting an interview call from IIM then you need not be depressed as there are a lot of other prestigious b-schools that can offer good faculty and good placements.
Top b-schools other than IIM
- XLRI or Xavier Labor Research Institute located in Jamshedpur was founded in the year 1949. This business school has built a reputation of being one of the best in India and students who get in this college are bound to come out with good jobs. You can find two postgraduate level courses in management and they are a diploma in personnel management and a diploma in Business administration. XLRI scores really high when tested on the parameters of facilities inside the campus, the faculty, personality development and the placement offered.
- ISB in Hyderabad is gaining recognition with students who wish to attain a postgraduate degree in just a year. Indian School of Business has been able to build a strong faculty by collecting academic jewels from places like Harvard, Stanford, Texas, Duke and Wharton.
- Faculty of Management Studies or FMS in Delhi is also a renowned institution which stands among the top 10 business schools of the country. This institute has become quite popular with MBA aspirants and has shown a great placement percentage and the proof of the same is that the entire outgoing batch of the year 2002 was placed in just 2 days.
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies located in Mumbai is another rising name in the world of business schools. This business school has been put among the top b-schools in all of Asia by Asia Inc.
- SP Jain Institute of Management Studies in Mumbai offers one of the country’s best PGDM program and extends these specializations in the 4th and 5th semester: marketing management, finance management and manufacturing& operations management.
- Shailesh J Mehta School of Management in IIT Mumbai began offering business courses since 1995 and has been extending full time 2 year masters degree programs.
- Management Development Institute or MDI based in Gurgaon is among the best b-schools in the country. MDI extends a full time 2 year post graduate management program.
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies located in Mumbai offers a full time post graduate degree in MBA. The total number of seats is around 240 that get filled up real quick.
- Xavier Institute of Management in Bhubaneswar ranks high on every parameter and is emerging as one of the finest business schools in the country.
Symbiosis Institute of Business Management in Pune extends a masters degree in MBA and it is among the most reputed MBA colleges.