Group discussion: common and popular topics over the years
Every MBA aspirant understands the importance of group discussion in the admission procedure for MBA. It is one of the most important and difficult hurdle to cross if you wish to enter a reputed business school. Group discussion as the name suggests is a discussion on a topic among a group of candidates. It continues for a few minutes and in that time the candidates need to put forward their arguments on the topic provided. In order to pass with flying colors you need to equip yourself with adequate knowledge about the current affairs. Apart from the knowledge regarding current happenings you should also lay eyes on the topics that have been popular for group discussions in the past years. This will help you to obtain an idea plus you can practice your skills through these topics. Here are some popular GD topics that have prevailed in the past.
- The role of print media advertising has decreased with the coming of television.
- Euthanasia should be legalized.
- Capital punishment should be abolished.
- Rohan wishes to go abroad for higher studies but his parents are against it for security reasons. What should Rohan do?
- Should gambling be legalized?
- Is bureaucracy a hindrance to economic reforms in India?
- Are we raising a generation of burnt out children?
- Corruption is the main outcome of democracy in India.
- Knowledge is the awareness of one’s ignorance.
- Computers result in unemployment.
Personal interview: a test of confidence and knowledge
Every personal interview conducted for the admission process is entirely different from the previous one therefore a set pattern is definitely not possible. However, making a list of common questions that were asked in the previous years can really help in preparing for the personal interview. Confidence is very vital to pass the interview and if you have the proper knowledge then you have maximum probability to make a strong positive impact on the interviewer. Just like the list above here is a list of common interview questions that appeared in the past admission interviews.
- Why business school?
- What are your unique traits that make you different from other candidates?
- What can you contribute to our program?
- What are your expectations from this program?
- How do you plan to utilize your degree?
- What is your definition of team work?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 or 10 years?
- What are your greatest strengths?
- What are your hobbies?
- Can you walk me through your resume?
- What would you say is your biggest weakness?
These above mentioned lists are meant to help you in preparing for the group discussion and personal interview and therefore they must be considered more as a practice material. Getting through these two hurdles can be easy if you have a lot of practice and of course confidence must never leave your side.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.