“Your Primary Aim” is the title of chapter 12 in the best-selling business book “The E-Myth Revisited” by Michael Gerber. (I really must recommend you buy this book – it is a must read for all small business owners!) If you read this chapter, it is all in agreement to my earlier blog posts. It is important to know who YOU are, what YOUR primary goals are. That’s why I took you through the steps like finding your external purpose and finding your personal purpose before even proceeding with planning your business. And in fact – finding “Your Primary Aim” is step number one in the E-Myth Business Development Program as detailed in the book.
Your Primary Aim: Business Development
Chapter 12 of E-Myth Revisited asks you to ask yourself these following questions: (which you’ll find very similar to my earlier posts, and if you have read the book “7 Habits of Highly Effective People” you may find them similar to establishing your purpose in life – the habit of ‘Keep the end in mind’)
- What do I wish my life to look like?
- How do I wish my life to be on a day-to-day basis?
- What would I like to be able to say I truly know in my life, about my life?
- How would I like to be with other people in my life – my family, my friends, my business associates, my customers, my employees, my community?
- How would I life people to think about me?
- What would I Like to be doing two years from now? Ten years from now? Twenty years from now? When my life comes to a close?
- What specifically would I like to learn during my life – spiritually, physically, financially, technically, intellectually? About relationships?
- How much money will I need to do the things I wish to do? By when will I need it?
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.