Aside from your personal statement, the MBA application interview is one of the things that you need to pass with flying colors in order to ensure a slot in your chosen school. Here are some tips on how to ace the interview.
Be yourself, be on time, and be physically prepared
– Be yourself. The goal of the interview is to get to know you.
– Be on time. Plan on arriving 10 to 15 minutes early.
– Be prepared to engage in conversation for about a half hour.
– Wear appropriate clothing.
Never be late for an admissions interview. This will only leave you with minus points on your application. Another important thing you have to do before the interview is to prepare. Prepare yourself emotionally, psychologically, and physically. You have to wear a suit or any clothing that best suits the affair. You want to make a positive impression.
Be positive, be enthusiastic, and be smart during the MBA application interview
– Be positive. Avoid saying “I hate”
– Avoid one-word answers. Be prepared to elaborate.
The important thing to remember is that you have to exude the aura of positivity. This means you have to convey positive thoughts through your answers. Aside from this, you have to show the admissions panel your enthusiasm. This will show how you really value your application. You also have to prepare for the questions. Before heading to the venue, make sure that you do your research well.
Be honest and be yourself
– It is ok to say “I don’t know” It is better to be honest than to make anything up.
– Do not answer in the way you feel the interviewer “wants” Again, be yourself.
– Don’t be nervous. It’s just a conversation. And remember: it’s all about YOU.
Make sure that it is your idea you are conveying during the interview and not just anyone else’s. Have confidence and be sincere when answering questions.
Candidates ought not to try and “second guess” or patronize the interviewer(s) by responding with answers they think are wanted. Some interviewers play the “devil’s advocate” When “I don’t know” is the honest reply, it should be used.
You have to remember that interviewers have interviewed hundreds or even thousands of applicants before you. For sure, they have ways of seeing through your lies.
MBA application interview is your chance to show that you deserve a slot in the chosen MBA program. Don’t blow this chance. Prepare, be yourself, and have confidence during the interview.